our latest TV ad
To Our Store
|Always protect your furniture with extended warranties. Ask your salesperson for details. Fabric, Leather & Wood Protection will extend
the life of your furniture.
The beauty of furniture care is that it helps to protect your investment. Fine furniture is an important purchase. Proper care will help
maintain your furniture's finish and ensure that it looks great year after year.
Caring for furniture
Caring for furniture is easy. Following a few simple guidelines will help extend the life of your furniture.
Enemies of Furniture
- Always dust with a polish moistened cloth. Polish cushions the cloth eliminating scratching that occurs with dry dusting. Dust will scratch the furniture surface if not removed properly.
- Use a soft, clean cloth that won't scratch the surface. Avoid course or scratchy materials or fabrics.
Many common problems in furniture care are caused by the elements. If you are aware of these troublemakers, the resulting damage can
easily be avoided.
- Sunlight's ultraviolet rays can damage wood finishes. Arrange furniture out of direct sunlight; use sun screening drapes during intense sunlight hours; rotate furniture in place and in room arrangements.
- Liquid spills will damage furniture if not removed promptly. Use coasters under beverages, glasses, saucers under cups and flowerpots. If a spill still occurs, immediately blot it gently without rubbing the surface.
- Heat creates a chemical change in the furniture finish, which can result in a white spot. Use protective pads under hot dishes, utensils or cooking appliances.
- Cyclic changes in temperature can damage furniture. Hot blasts of air such as those found from central heating should be avoided because they can cause extreme localized drying of the wood.
Upholstered furniture adds function and beauty to every room of your home. The choices are many with a wide variety of fiber, fabrics,
colors and styles readily available. The following information will help you care for your upholstered furniture.
General Care Tips
Rearrange furniture occasionally to ensure even use of the cushions and wear areas.
Reverse loose cushions weekly.
Vacuum often to remove grit that can cause abrasion.
Caution those wearing clothing with transferable dyes, such as blue jeans, etc. that the dye could transfer onto light colored furniture.
Protect fabric from the sun. Ultraviolet light (sunlight) will cause fiber degeneration and color-fade. Fabrics should not be placed in direct
sunlight, as this may cause fading.
Occasionally, dyes can fade from impurities within the air.
Keep pets off the furniture. Pet urine and pet body oil can be difficult to remove. Pet abuse voids manufacturers warranty.
Use proper care with structural weave fabrics (design created by the weave) to protect against snags.